Friday, October 24, 2014

i get it, i'm still single

I dropped my kids off at Spanish on Friday and ran in to some kids in my class 2 years ago:

Kid 1: Are you married yet?
Me: Nope.
Kid 2: Still? Man. You weren't married when we were in second grade and you still aren't married?!
Me: Nope. Sorry ladies, I don't know what to tell you.
Kid 2: Remember when I told you that you should marry my gerbil because it's cute and fuzzy? He's still available if you want to marry him! You probably should....I can't believe you aren't married yet!
Me: (walking away) Thanks for making me feel better about my life!
Kid 1: Anytime Ms. Ewing!

The very next day a girl from my class last year came up at recess and told me she was telling the lacrosse coach that came to help out with PE the past few days that he should date me. Her exact words were, "I told him he should be your boyfriend! I said you were pretty and he's a boy so he should ask you out!" 

Good lord. These kids are going to kill me. Maybe I should take up the first girls offer to marry her gerbil.

No comments:

Post a Comment