Saturday, April 6, 2013

i get it, i need to get married

There are several students this year that are very concerned that I'm not married yet. Today on my way out I stopped to talk to one of the girl's parents and another parent when she came up to me.

Kid: Remember that thing we've been talking about?
Me: Yes....
Kid: Well I know someone for you! He has a shiny red car.
Me: How old is he? He better be older than your 12 year old cousin you wanted me to marry.
Kid: He is. I think he's like 30. He's my friends dad!
Me: Girl! I am not marrying your friends dad.
Kid: But you don't need a boy. You need a man.
Me: Oh boy. You're nuts!
Kid: Ok....does it have to be a person?
Me: Where is this going?
Kid: You know how hamsters are cute?
Me: Are you about to say I should marry a hamster?
Kid: Yeah! They're really cute and cuddly! And they don't talk back!
Kids mom: You should take it! A man that doesn't talk back, don't knock it Courtney!
Kids brother: But you would have to pick up his poop. You don't want to pick up your husbands poop.
Me: True. 
Kids brother: Just get some guys together and play spin the bottle then.
Kids mom: What is going on?!

No comments:

Post a Comment