Wednesday, July 10, 2013

wild wood bakehouse

Another day, another cupcake. This place was pretty awesome because the entire bakery/cafe is 100% gluten free! That's right. You heard me, EVERYTHING THERE IS 100% GLUTEN FREE! Looking at their goodies case I couldn't help myself and got a lemon coconut cupcake, and a chocolate strawberry frosting cupcake. I know, I'm crazy!

The lemon coconut was pretty good. The lemon cake was better without the frosting in my opinion, which makes it just a muffin, or a sad cupcake. The frosting was good, but the only coconut taste I had was from the decorative flakes on top. They should have pumped up the coconut flavor in the frosting, and if they had I would have been in love! Alas, they didn't ask my opinion.

The chocolate one was very disappointing. The cake was almost too chocolaty and a little bitter because of it. The frosting wins points because they had actual strawberry chunks in it, unlike the Sugar Circus strawberry cupcake. However, the frosting, even after sitting for a long time to warm up, never softened. It was like a big lump of hard...frosting. Sorry, I tried to come up with something clever and am blank. 

I am definitely going back! But for the cafe, and not the bakery. 

Grade: A- (lemon coconut), B (chocolate strawberry)

No comments:

Post a Comment