Monday, February 11, 2013

rock holding vultures

When I walked into my classroom Friday, I was shocked as to how cold the room was, and then that it was windy. Inside. It took me a minute to realize why:
Right before the kids came in I found the rock in question. It was huge!

Marco, our head custodian came down and started helping me clean. Because the window is fiberglass it broke into about a million pieces which scattered over the ENTIRE room. It took Marco and I over 40 minutes to clean it all up. There's no way I would have cleaned it all before the kids walked in if it weren't for him. Even after all that, the kids were still finding glass all day long that we missed.

When we went to recess one of the girls and I were talking about what happened. (We had already talked about it as a class.)

Kid: You know I don't think it was a rock that broke the window.
Me: Oh yeah?
Kid: Yeah, I think it was a bird. A bird flew into our window before. I bet that's what happened.
Me: That would have to be one big bird! Like a vulture. Flying at high speed. 
Kid: NO! I know what it was! It was a vulture, flying at high speed, holding a rock. That's probably what happened. You should tell the principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment