Sunday, January 27, 2013

cruising into 2013: part 2

So New Years Eve ended with lots of hugs, cheers, and smiles all around. Larry, Sheri and I went back to our room and went to bed. Before I tell you what happened you need to understand what our room looks like. Larry was sleeping up in the bunk bed that overlaps where I was sleeping by a few inches. 
In the middle of the night I wake up to a huge crash and screaming/crazy groaning/weird breathing. I screamed and turned the lights on (Sheri didn't hear any of this, she just woke up when I turned the light on.) Larry was coming down the ladder like they were stairs, facing away from the bed. He tried holding on to the wall and started falling/jumped and landed on the corner of a cabinet. I was freaking out and when we got Larry back onto the bed I passed out! I think getting startled awake like that, plus Larry making those weird noises freaked me out and I passed out! I think it's hilarious now, especially because Sheri thought I had just fallen back asleep and was annoyed I wasn't helping. Long story short we take Larry down to the bottom level to get checked out by a doctor. I don't make it the whole way because I feel like I'm going to pass out again. He didn't break anything, but we think he for sure insanely bruised his ribs. We had a daily check on his bruise to see how gross it looked.

The next day we were still at sea. We spent it like the previous day. Lot's of laying out, watching the hairy chest contest, and napping on the top deck.
 Those ladies in front of him had to rub all the chests. It was kinda gross.
Listening to live music on the top deck before dinner.
We complained about the table we were sitting at, and that night we got to change to a new table. It was amazing the difference! Our new waiters were amazingly nice, always making sure I had the right food, and we even got our food quickly. It was awesome how great dinner was after that night! They always had performances during dinner, and the waiters would dance around and pull us up to dance with them.
Sheri dancing with Buggy, our awesome head waiter!

After dinner we headed to the Punchliner which is their comedy club. The first guy was doing jokes about the shoe bomber and the clapper. Seriously? The average age of people in there was probably 25. Clearly he was hoping for an older crowd. The guy after him though was hilarious! We went to the piano bar afterwards for a bit and then went to bed. 
Come on Clemente, what is this even supposed to be?
We needed our rest because tomorrow we would be in Isla Roatan!

No comments:

Post a Comment