Thursday, January 31, 2013

cruising into 2013: cozumel

We took a cab to the dock where we were going to meet the group to take us snorkeling and scuba diving. I had never snorkeled before so I was really excited, especially since the water was so clear. We picked up a couple about halfway to our first dive spot, and stopped to train the scuba newbies that were with us. After they got their scary 10 minute training we were off. We were supposed to stay near the scubaers which was actually really fun. It's weird, but it was fun watching them below us.
 Larry and I
 Sheri joined us!
Unfortunately at the end of the hour on the first dive a bunch of boats started driving by and threw me around so much I got insanely sea sick. Luckily we were dropping off that couple on the way to the second dive spot, and Larry (who was kinda done with snorkeling) and I jumped off and walked back to the cruise ship. It turned out to be awesome because we were able to walk around the city, shop, eat, just hang out. I loved all of the excursions, but I also wished we had been at each port a second day so we could do exactly what Larry and I ended up doing. We got to have an awesome time, and see the city. 

All of the ports were still in Christmas mode. I love that this nativity scene has a rooster on the top of it.
 Just eating some lunch by the water.
Sunset as we left.
You know the drill by now. Music on the top deck, dinner, and the piano bar/gambling.
Right before we went to dinner the cruise director came over the speakers and said due to a medical emergency we were turning around and going back to Cozumel. WHAT?! Of course we had a million questions. Would we make it back to New Orleans on time? What happened to cause us to go back? If someone died we wouldn't go back, the dead person would just hang out for the last day at sea. Does that person have to pay for the cost of turning around? Like I said, a million questions. After we started heading  back to New Orleans they had the boat going so fast all the plates and glasses were shaking at dinner.
Excuse me Clemente, is this a brontasaurus?
Sadly, no exciting port was next. Just another day at sea (at least we could lay out all day) and then New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment