Saturday, June 9, 2012

painting 101

My friend Katie and I bought a Groupon not long ago for a 2.5 hour long painting class. Last weekend it finally happened! I loved all of the art classes I took in high school, and was excited to paint again. (Now I'm not saying I was ever good, it was just something I loved.) We recreated a Van Gough painting, getting the chance to change colors, shapes of flowers, whatever while we worked.

The blank canvas, with a copy of the picture we were going to trace on the canvas and then paint. You can see underneath it the Van Gough picture we were making.

About halfway through. Look at how awesomely I mixed those colors! I know, I'm a pro.

Katie working on hers.

Katie's final piece.

My final piece.

I can't wait to paint again! I will have to get all of my painting stuff next time I'm in Houston and bring it home. Maybe I can convince Katie to come over again and paint with me! We did rock it pretty hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment