Tuesday, July 1, 2014

almost didn't make it back

So I wake up at 5 to catch the shuttle back to the airport at 5:30. I get downstairs and the lady at the desk is super flustered and saying the shuttles aren't coming and the airport is flooded. Excuse me. What? She finally is able to get some cabs to come but says she doesn't know if we will get in to the airport because of the flooding and wished us good luck. 

There were 7 of us crammed into a car for 5 passengers so we got to know each other really well as the cab driver kept ranting about the government and homeland security and the fact that the back way we were going was going to cause us to get pulled over and arrested. (For the record, the front desk lady said the police told her that was how people had to get in for now. This didn't seem to matter to the cab driver.) 

Of course at this point I'm assuming I'll miss my flight and I should've just stayed at the dumb airport. But it all works out and we make it to the terminal quickly. He then turns around and says we all owe him $17 even though we were told it was free. We told him that and he about lost his shit. At this point we were all anxiously waiting to get our luggage so we could just run inside and ditch him. He must have talked to someone because he willingly gave us our luggage and didn't chase me down as I very quickly grabbed my bag and left. 

I'm now just sitting here at the gate waiting to board. Fingers crossed I make it passed Rockford this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment