Wednesday, April 17, 2013

gun slingin'

A few weeks ago a friend took me to a shooting range to go shooting. It was out in the middle of nowhere which made me nervous. I mean, I had just met him not long before this outing, maybe he was taking me out there to use me as the target? We showed up and it was an outside range where you bring all of your own stuff, and get your own little area where no one can see you. Not helping my nervousness. Although if I misfired and accidentally shot him in the arm or something, no one would see. Anyways, he pulled out a bunch of his guns and we got started. 

It was awesome! Not only did I get to shoot a bunch of different guns, he taught me out to reload the magazines, how to do rapid fire, and how to not fall over when shooting a shotgun. (The trick? Have someone put their hand on your back to catch you if needed.) I got to shoot a .40, .45, and a shotgun with 2 different types of shells. I did a really great job! He was pretty impressed with how well I did for a first timer. Check out my awesome target! Yeah, I got some bulls eyes  And this was my first target! I got better as the day went on.

After that we went to a different section and shot his rifle. I was pretty terrible at that. It took forever to get the stupid thing lined up with the target, and then when I finally would shoot I would jump because it was so insanely loud and the gun would totally miss the target. I only shot it 5 times, and only hit the target once. Well...that's being a little generous. I shot the paper that the target was on. 

Overall it was an awesome day! I also crossed off another bucket list item. Maybe I should get a gun now. So, who wants to go shooting??

No comments:

Post a Comment