Monday, August 13, 2012

patrick & kelly's wedding

Patrick, my best friend's brother, got married this weekend! He and Kelly got married in this really pretty old convent in San Antonio which is now an arts school. (I think.) When I got there I saw Mrs. Brown and we started talking and the first thing she said to me was, "You know this used to be a convent. So watch out." Oh Mrs. Brown.  The wedding was really pretty with lots of cute touches. The best part? Getting to spend the night with some of my best friends.
The favors were homemade peach jam that Kelly had made. I thought the favor table was really cute. 
Hellbound Twins. Long story short, we lied to nuns so we could take a picture with them. I guess that's why Mrs. Brown told me to be careful standing in an old convent.
 The first dance. Her dress was so pretty!
 Myself with part of my second family, the Brown's.
Love these guys! 

There was no alcohol at the reception except for a glass of champagne for some toasts. Once the dancing got started I noticed the champagne room. Well not really. It was where the servers were coming in and out of, but I called it the champagne room because I saw a gigantic pitcher of champagne that wasn't used. So I decided to take matters into my own hands (after much discussion) and Mrs. O'Brien and I went in there and refilled several champagne glasses. What was really funny was after we left that room people saw what we had done and started doing the same. I'm sure the servers were really annoyed with a huge group of people in this tiny room trying to get more champagne. Towards the end of the night, since they kept scooping up our empty champagne glasses, the only thing that was left was a giant water glass. Of course we still kept it classy.

Congrats Patrick and Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment