Monday, June 7, 2010

my past 2 weekends

Here's what you missed...

Last weekend Heather had her annual crawfish boil! Sadly I couldn't eat these, but I partook (is that the right word?) in the drinking.

Brandon thought it would be hilarious to soak us with the hose. Soon after there was quite a lot of falling, cussing, and more drinking.

This weekends activities...
Friday I finally upgraded from this giant thing to this. I thought it was time since my ancient iPod doesn't even hold a charge anymore, and running with my phone is too annoying.

On Saturday I ran in my 2nd 5k! Em ran it with me and I ran it in 37:05, 2 minutes faster than my last race. (Although dad said he thought I was going to die at the finish line because I looked so tired and hot.)

Did I forget to mention it was the gay pride run? These were the fairies that ran around cheering us on. And no, I am not being mean and calling them fairies because they're gay and they were prancing around, they were calling themselves the fairies of the race.

There was also a costume contest (of course) for their a day at the beach theme. Two dudes even ran the entire race holding a hammock between them with an inflatable banana in it.

On Sunday my parents, Nichole and I FINALLY finished painting our portables!! If my parents hadn't come in to help us we probably wouldn't even be halfway through painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment