Monday, March 10, 2014

the oscars

You know the drill around here. Lots of delicious themed food, betting, and talking crap about what everyone is wearing. There was pretty terrible weather, so unfortunately a lot of people canceled, but that just meant more food for the rest of us! 
I made a kale and spinach salad with almonds, craisins, and goat cheese (12 Years a Slave), corn with different toppings (Nebraska), chimichurri shrimp (Captain Phillips), "wolf" bacon cheeseburgers (The Wolf of Wallstreet), Texas sheet cake (Dallas Buyers Club), vanilla ice cream (Frozen), and moon pies (Gravity). Everything turned out great! It was also pretty exciting for me to be able to eat sheet cake, something I haven't done in over 7 years. (Not as good with gluten free flour and homemade vegan buttermilk, but beggars can't be choosers!)
We had a lot of fun and ate a lot of food. I have won the past 2 years with my friends, and almost lost this year! But I was able to pull away from Becky and Kristen for the win! That meant I got to keep the statuette again. I decided to put the winners name and year on the back so it can travel from person to person each year...obviously it didn't go that far this year. Maybe next year I won't get so lucky and they'll rip that statue from my grips! But for now, he's safe under my bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment