Monday, January 13, 2014

3 christmases

I know what you're thinking, and it's ok to be jealous. Getting 3 Christmases? It was pretty awesome. The first was in Austin with my girlfriends. We had dinner over at Allison's house, some of us dressed in our ugly sweater finest. Mine is legit, I found it in my grandma's house when we were cleaning it out last spring break. We also did our annual white elephant except with things we would all want. It was great! The next night we followed it up with Stephanie's party which was a blast!

The next Christmas was in Houston with my parents. Since we were doing a late Christmas in Chicago we did actual Christmas together. While Miles was in Houston for Thanksgiving, he got to get his own Christmas tree and decorate it. My parents kept it as our tree, it was a very Charlie Brown Christmas. We also all helped make our usual fancy lunch. It was delicious! I also made a really good gluten and dairy free pumpkin bread pudding. Super awesome! I also got to see all of my girls while I was home which was great. 

We then went to Chicago to celebrate Christmas with my sister and her people. Miles was obsessed with my mom which turned out to be great for us! Rebecca, Michael and I actually got to hang out for several days. We hadn't been able to do that since Miles was born, so I loved it! (yes I love Miles, but I've missed my sister time) We even got to see 2 movies! The trip started with our annual Christmas Eve tradition of making pizzas...
 and watching a Christmas movie.
Michael also chopped wood. Apparently this is something people do up north.
On "Christmas morning" the last present opened was something from my parents for Rebecca and I...
I can tell through the computer how jealous you are of these jackets! Again, another find in Marion and Joe's house. The best part about them? They are so old Russia is still the USSR, and it's made out of paper...we think. The worst part? It smells like their house. I'm currently trying different things to get the smell out so I can wear it for my Olympic opening ceremonies party. 
We played a lot of games and listened to the Mary Poppins record. (No, the polar vortex hadn't started at this point, but it was still about 9 degrees outside. No thanks)
I stuck around for New Years Eve and spent it eating lots of amazing food made by everyone,
hanging out with Rebecca's super fun friends, 
of course, getting to hang with this pregnant lady,
listening to the boys fight about football, again, 
stand up comedy from the guys,
complete with a champagne fountain!
The day before I left the insane snow storms started. I was luckily able to get out just before the worst of it hit. 
It was a great vacation with lots of fun people and great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment