Saturday, November 6, 2010

the face on the milk carton

Luna has been missing since Thursday. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. I have walked around my apartment building yelling her name, looking into bushes (I'm sure my neighbors at this point think I'm a peeping tom), and shaking her food bowl. She usually comes when I shake her food bowl., so I don't know what to do. Here are the possibilities of where Luna is:
  1. She is on a grand adventure killing birds, and enjoying being outside.
  2. She froze to death like a cat popsicle since it has been freezing here the past few nights.
  3. She was killed and/or eaten by one of the animals living in the Greenbelt which is behind my complex
  4. She is over me, and found a new home to live in.
Either way, I'm sad, lonely, and worried about her. I would ask everyone who reads to be on the lookout, but the only people that read this don't live in Austin. When I got back from my long run this morning I thought I saw her in the bushes and I got so excited and sat down and said, "Luna! Come here!" The cat walked over, and it was a fat, ugly cat. I turned my nose up at it and walked away. It was a really mean trick. In case you forgot what my lovely Luna looks like, here she is.

I guess my afternoon will now consist of making and hanging fliers around my complex. Come home Luna!

3 comments:

  1. (B) ok I like your "concern". your cat popsicle reminds me of that stupid cat in xmas w/ the kranks: http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/224285-thumbnail.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Luna,

    Please come home soon so you can stand on top of my head and meow at 7am when I am visiting. I'm sorry I ever got mad at you Luna, if you come home I promise to never complain again.

    Love,
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adopted a cat, Hillary, that looks a lot like Luna. She is missing, too. However, she has been missing for less than 24 hours. Maybe they ran off together to an all-girls college?

    ReplyDelete