Tuesday, June 8, 2010

spa day

Oh. My. God. I have never been so relaxed in my entire life! My class gave me a very generous gift certificate to Milk + Honey for my birthday and I have been waiting to use it. I got the m + h Retreat which included an hour massage, a facial that lasted an hour (with shoulder, arm and hand massages in between masks), and a manicure and pedicure (with leg and feet massages and hot towel wraps) which lasted about an hour and a half. I went in at 9 and left at 1:30. Everything was so amazing and relaxing! And then I got to my manicure. At this point I was so relaxed I didn't want to talk, but my manicurist decided that wouldn't happen. 

She was very nice, and we were just small talking, until she found out I was a teacher. She started to tell me about her nephew and how strange he is, and how she doesn't think his teachers like him. She then went on to tell me her sister sent him to live with their brother for an entire year because she said he crossed his legs funny and she was worried he was gay. Apparently the fix to that was to send him to live with a man who is also a mechanic. That will get the gay out of him. She kept going on and on about how he crosses his legs funny, and she and her sister refuse to let him meet their gay friends. They're afraid he will meet them and become gay if he isn't already. She sure is lucky I'm not a lesbian. Otherwise I would've slapped her across the face with my newly painted nails. I then half pretended to sleep during my pedicure so we wouldn't have to talk about her gay nephew.

Since I got home all I have done is sleep and lay around. It has been a pretty fantastic summer day!

1 comment:

  1. I bet the kids gave it to you as a thanks for no longer making them massage your feet.

    Also, did you tell the lady that you recently ran the gay pride parade? You could have helped her with more info.

    ReplyDelete